The Ophthalmology team offer a complete ophthalmic assessment for patients with ocular disease or ophthalmic emergencies.
We have four veterinary ophthalmologists working as part of the wider referral team to provide all aspects of veterinary care to our patients.
Using the latest techniques our ophthalmology team offer complete ophthalmic assessment and if required surgical procedures including cataract surgery, lendectomy by phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation.
Our operating theatres are equipped and managed to the highest of standards to ensure the best outcome for our patients. Supported by our on-site hospital, our team of knowledgeable and caring vets and nurses provide intensive overnight medical management and quick recovery of patients following surgery.
Our team of ophthalmologists offer in-depth ophthalmic examination, extraocular microsurgery including:
- Parotid duct transposition surgery
- Lacrimal punctal surgery
- Eyelid reconstruction and correction of eyelid deformities
- Third eyelid surgery:
- Nictitating gland replacement
- Scrolled cartilage correction
- Corneal and corneo-scleral surgery including:
- Conjunctival pedicle grafting
- Corneal-conjunctival transposition
- Superficial keratectomy
- Cataract assessment:
- Lendectomy by phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation
- Equipment and techniques available:
- Slit lamp biomicroscopy
- Applanation and rebound tonometry
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Orbital and ocular ultrasonography
- Operating microscope
- Blood pressure assessment
- In-house computed tomography
- Visiting MRI scanner
- Phacoemulsification with signature model